#CreateLouisiana is excited to announce a new grant opportunity designed to support Louisiana’s community of documentary filmmakers. In collaboration with institutional partners Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities and the New Orleans Film Society, along with support from new film industry sponsor Kyotocolor, #CreateLouisiana has launched its first doc-specific grant.
#CreateLouisiana will offer a $40,000 grant package to one documentary director-producer team. The team will receive a $10,000 cash grant, with support from the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities and the New Orleans Film Society, along with a $30,000 post-production package (to include post-production consultation, online conform, and Full Digital Intermediate color grade) from Kyotocolor.
Applications are now open for the Documentary Film Grant. The final deadline is SEPTEMBER 8, 2017, by 5:00 PM CST.
Click HERE to submit an application. For a full list of FAQs for this opportunity, click HERE.
Read on to learn more about the opportunity (eligibility, requirements, adjudication, FAQs, webinars, and more!
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a director and producer team.
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Both director and producer must currently reside in the state of Louisiana and have lived in Louisiana for a minimum of 12 months prior to submitting the application.
- You cannot apply if you are attending school full-time outside the state of Louisiana. *Proof of residency required. (two of the following: Louisiana driver’s license, a Louisiana voter registration card or a utility bill in your name with your Louisiana address.)
- Staff, board members, and interns of #CL, LEH, and NOFS may not apply.
- Both director and producer must be available to participate in a pitch session before the grants committee the week of October 2 (exact date TBD).
- Must agree to grant #CreateLouisiana, New Orleans Film Society, the Louisiana.
- Endowment for the Humanities, and Kyotocolor the right to stream, screen and distribute the completed film (non-commercial use/promotional purposes only).
- To be eligible, you may not have received a grant from #CreateLouisiana in the last two years.
- Must be a feature-length documentary (over 40 minutes).
- Project must be in production or post-production. Projects may not apply for development or distribution funds.
- All projects must be stand-alone single works of documentary. TV or web series are not eligible.
- Must have secured all appropriate release forms for documentary subjects featured in the project. If material that requires licensing is integral to the film (i.e. music, archival materials, etc.), team must demonstrate that they have secured the rights to use said material in the project (signed agreements granting permission or licensing agreements must be included with the application).
- Cannot be a work-for-hire.
- Must be completed by December 31, 2018.
- Subject matter may be located outside of Louisiana but all post-production services must take place in the state.
- Must be shot digitally and mastered and delivered on HD.
- Must provide visibility in the final film’s credits (with logo presence) for #CreateLouisiana, New Orleans Film Society, the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, and Kyotocolor along with acknowledging these organizations in all publicity materials.
- If awarded a #CreateLouisiana grant, the recipient is required to carry out a project that is consistent with the submitted proposal.
- All grant funds are to be used solely for the purpose of supporting the project. Spending must be consistent with the budget submitted to #CL.
- To access the in-kind element of this grant package, the recipient must participate in a post-production consultation with Kyotocolor within two months of the grant announcement.
Complete applications must be received by Friday, September 8, 2017 by 5:00PM CST. All application materials must be uploaded as PDFs.
MORE INFORMATION HERE.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please refer to the frequently asked questions section of the application. With any other questions please contact #CreateLouisiana at firstname.lastname@example.org